Sunday, August 17, 2008

C@mP!nG ROCKED

CAMPING ROCKED MY FLIPPIN SOCKS OFF! I was not excited to go, but I am now so so so glad that I did. The ward campout was the most fun Ive ever had camping. Lots of my friends were there, like Cayli, Jordan, Amanda, Walker, Jacob, and a lot of little tiny kids who wanted to be my friend. That made it the funnest. The only thing that I didn't enjoy was that I had NO CELL PHONE SERVICE!! How suckish is that?! La La LA la-la La La LA la-la Frolicking through the forest :) There was this supernova coolio swing that everyone swarmed to hang on to. You see, it wasn't like a swing you sat on. You had to hold on to these handlebar type things and run down this hill thing and hang in the air while you flew over this cliff/hill. My friend Cayli got really hurt on that thing. She jumped out of the tree, swung really fast, dragged across the ground, went super high in the air, and then fell onto the edge of the cliff/hill. We were all so scared, and Amanda took off for help. I stopped breathing when she hit the ground. Cayli was so pale, she looked like a vampire. She got the wind knocked out of her. She ended up being okay, but she hurt her ribs. Here's a picture of Zane swinging on that swing :
One of my favorite parts of this camping trip was night time :) We had a problem though. Mom and Todd forgot the tent, or something vitally important to the tent, and so I was out of luck (or so I thought). Zane's friend Justin had brought a tent, so he was set. Mom, Todd, and Brycey had the back of the car, and that just left me up a river without a paddle. Cayli was nice enough to let me sleep in the back of the truck....but then it started to rain! Jordan had an extra tent or two laying around, so they gave us one :) I'm glad too, because i would not be a happy camper sleeping in the rain in the dark with scary creatures of the night. I also wore my vampire fangs, and scared so many people :D HAHA i felt like a real vampire :) It was awesome, because they look so real. Before we all went to bed, Me, Mark, and Jordan started walking up this mountainous hill so that I could get some cell phone service. BUT it was so incredibly dark and freaky that our minds started to play tricks on us. In attempt to freak everyone out, I said "Oh my gosh, what's that over there!" But, not only did I freak them out, I freaked myself out. We started sprinting back frantically, and I got caught in a barbwire fence! I was frightened so terribly :P LOL! It took like ten seconds to get out of that pokey fence, but hey, atleast I got out before the imaginary bears got me. WOO! Nighty time in the tent was fun. Me and Cayli played hangman and listened to her iPod. Then, we slept. ZzzzZZzzzzZZZzzzzzz. 2:00 AM in the morning: I woke up needing to pee terribly. I tossed and turned and held it in as long as I could, but i was about to burst. I woke Cayli up and she was up with a flashlight in like 2 seconds. I was surprised LOL. When we stepped outside of the tent, I was mystified. The moonlight drowned the grounds in bright light, and everything was a black and white dream land. It was peaceful, almost. I was so releived to use that disgusting potty :P Haha. Trying to go back to sleep was very difficult because of all the noises of night. We heard coyotes, and right by our tent. I had to scoot my sleeping bag way closer to Cayli in order to feel safe and sound. The coyote by our tent turned out to be an owl :P But there was coyotes.
The next day, we all went down to the creek quite a bit. The second time I ventured down to that chilly water was with Todd, Mom, and Bryce. I took my shoes off, and walked upstream. Dude, my feet were so numb! That water was colder than ice cream! Guess what!! I slipped and soaked myself :P I WAS FREEZING AND I FELT STUPID hahaha! The like fourth time I went back was with Zane, Cayli, Justin, and tiny kids. Justin threw me his socks, but I didn't catch them, so they floated down stream :> It was an accident haha. Then Justin slipped and fell in Haha. I tell you that thing was very slippery! That was such a fun trip :) At the end, we went to the fish hatchery, and there was HUGE fish you could feed :D Very fun! Also, I wanted to be like Cayli's dad Chad, because he put a bug in his mouth. So I picked one up and licked it. Todd watched me. It doesn't really taste like anything, but it has a pretty purple colour:
Fun was that.

1 comment:

sandi said...

Chick, I love your writing! I laughed so hard at your stories. Never stop writing!