Monday, August 11, 2008

@mbul@nc3 P3opl3 @r3 N!c3


Sitting on my bed last night, I was a very confused diabetic. I got out my lantus, and all my diabetes supplies were spread out on my bed, including my novolog. (This may not have been so shmart). I grabbed a bottle of insulin, and started to draw up 30 units of what I thought to be Lantus. After I did that, and put the bottle back, and gave myself the shot. Then, I looked around. My lantus bottle was on the floor. I froze in fear...
What had I done...
My heart started racing, I was going into a panic attacK! I walked panicking into the kitchen, more scared than i had ever been in my whole life. "Mom I think I gave myself Novolog." Everyone started to freak out!
What had I done...
My mom told me to calm down as she started feeding me capri suns and getting zane to write down all the carbs. We were all so scared, even Zane. He bravely got out the maple syrup and a cup and told me to drink it. THANK YOU ZANE :D I was crying so hard, and screaming that "I DONT WANT TO DIE" "IM GOING TO DIE" "OH MY GOSH MOM IM GOING TO DIE" That's when I started screaming for 911. I never felt so helpless against my diabetes. My mom told me to calm down again, and that the ambulance would be here soon, and everything was going to be okay. Did I beleive her? I sort of didn't, but somehow I pulled through.
What had I done...
When the ambulance people had finally came, there was police and everything! I felt so cared for! They checked my blood pressure, and blood sugar a lot. So everytime my blood sugar dropped, I started freaking out! But, they had this coolio little thing that if I was to pass out, they could put sugar directly into my vein! How cool is that?! I would LOVE to have one of those lying around the house :) But if not, we could always call those nice people back. See, I even have a picture of them:


These people are nice! THANK YOU RURAL METRO/SOUTH WEST AMBULANCE EMTS :D I am so glad they came, or else I would have freaked out, passed out....died.... If it weren't for them Im pretty sure I really wouldn't be writing this. I would also like to thank Todd my step dad for giving me a blessing, and my mom for staying up with me so late to read me Edgar Allen Poe :) I would also like to thank the food companies for making food. Just to let you know, I hate food now, because in order to keep me from dying last night, I had to eat 420 FLIPPIN CARBS! HOW DISGUSTING IS THAT?!?!?! I hardly eat 420 carbs in like a week. Ugh. You know what I think I gained some weight. Great. But, atleast I'm alive. I'd rather be chunky than dead.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wonderful to see someone so thankful after such an episode. you've quite a special outlook.
glad you made it.
take care.
b.

sandi said...

I love you my cheeky monkey! That was the scariest night of my life. Let's not do that again :oP